Aren’t we all germaphobes these days? It’s hard not to feel at least a little nervous about bugs and bacteria with a global pandemic underway. The good news is that germaphobes are easy to shop for! We’ve found 10 perfect gifts for germaphobes that will bring peace of mind to all the nervous nellies in your life. And these days, odds are that everyone on your list will find something to like here.
10 Perfect Gifts for Germaphobes
- No Touch Door Opener. We germaphobes can always identify each other – we’re the ones using paper towels to turn doorknobs and our elbows to push elevator buttons. With one of these convenient door openers, your favorite germaphobe’s hands will stay pristine. The one shown above is made of antimicrobial copper, which has been shown to be an inhospitable environment for coronavirus.
- Hotel Sleep Sack. Even now, travel is sometimes unavoidable. Grab one of these lightweight sleeping bags and your body never has to make contact with the icky hotel bed.
- Phone Sanitizer. Let’s face it – you’re not washing your hands every time you touch your phone. As far as germs go, your phone might just be the dirtiest thing you own. It seems that the jury is still out on whether or not phone sanitizers are truly effective, but I think everyone would feel better knowing they’ve done something to make their phone a little less gross. You can also use it for other small items, such as keys, glasses, etc . . .
- Cyber Clean Putty – Like your phone, your keyboard is teeming with all sorts of microscopic contaminants. This Swiss-made cleaning putty gets in all the nooks and crannies of your keyboard and other electronic devices, killing 99.9% of germs.
- KN95 Masks. N95 masks are still hard to come by, but KN95 masks can be equally effective. Powecom KN95 masks are FDA approved for preventing the transmission of coronavirus. You can find them on Amazon, Office Depot, and Bonafide Masks.
- Automatic Soap Dispenser – Make it that much easier for your germaphobe friends to wash their hands with an automatic soap dispenser. While you’re at it, throw in a bottle of good hand lotion because you know they need it.
- Air Purifier – An air purifier with a HEPA filter can help protect you from all sorts of things – pollution, pet dander, and yes, even viruses. I bought the one pictured above during wildfire season and it made a big difference in our air quality.
- Force of Nature – I think any germaphobe would be thrilled with a cleaning kit from Force of Nature. The Force of Nature system is basically magic – it converts salt, vinegar, and water to electrolyzed water, which is EPA approved for use against the coronavirus (along with 99.9% of other germs). No chemicals, no overpowering fragrances, and totally safe around children and pets. (For $15 off and free shipping, use code MAKEMYOWN.)
- Filter Water Bottle – No germaphobe would be caught dead drinking water from the tap, and with a filter water bottle, they’ll never go thirsty. This LifeStraw Go Water Filter Bottle removes 99.9% of both waterborne bacteria and parasites (eww).
- Purse Hook – Having to put your purse on the sticky floor of a restaurant is the worst! A purse hook allow you to hang your purse from the edge of the table, keeping it clean and germ-free.
What are your favorite gifts for germaphobes?