It’s hard not to fall in love with hydrogen peroxide. It can be used for everything from whitening teeth to cleaning cutting boards, so it’s a must-have in our home. Even better, it’s cheap! You can usually snag a bottle for $1. Our list of the best hydrogen peroxide prices will help you score a sweet deal.
Bizarre facts about hydrogen peroxide
- Hydrogen peroxide was first discovered by Louis Jacques Thénard in 1818.
- The most common percentage of active ingredient in store brands is between 3 to 6 percent.
- White blood cells make hydrogen peroxide to kill bacteria.
- It is naturally produced by organisms as a by-product of oxidative metabolism.
- Humans create hydrogen peroxide to fight bacteria and infections.
- According to a recent study by Harvard Medical School, “the body uses hydrogen peroxide to sound the alarm when a tissue has been injured. As a direct result of this hydrogen-peroxide red alert, white blood cells come to the aid of the wounded site.”
- It can be used for cleaning well water or drinking water in general. It removes odors, organic materials that affect the water’s taste, and H2S and iron.
- Cleaning water with it also increases the amount of oxygen in the water which makes it healthier.
- You can use a weak hydrogen peroxide solution to water plants because hydrogen peroxide releases oxygen that enhances a plant’s root development and helps to treat root rot and a variety of other pests.
- Rain water contains hydrogen peroxide naturally and helps plants grow faster and stronger.
- It is found the mother’s first milk, called colostrum. The large doses of hydrogen peroxide in the milk is transferred to the baby to boost’s the babies immune system.
- It can be turned into a toothpaste. Just mix it with baking soda and salt.
Want to learn more interesting facts about hydrogen peroxide?