Why? Because it has soooo many uses, yet it is cheap, about a dollar per 16 ounces. I advise that you get good quality apple cider vinegar that is organic and has “mother” in the bottle. “Mother” is a cobweb-like mass that floats inside the bottle near the bottom. It’s actually full of stuff that is good for you. I get mine at the local farmer’s market or I buy Bragg apple cider vinegar at the grocery store.
Using a bottle of apple cider vinegar instead of buying all the individual products that would be needed for the uses listed below makes this a real money saver.
Note: regular white vinegar is great for cleaning, but for body use (inside and outside) I use organic apple cider vinegar because it has many additional nutrients.
There are literally hundreds of uses for apple cider vinegar, but these are my personal 10 favorites.
Please note that this has just been my experience. This is not medical advice.
- Heartburn relief. If I have heartburn, I take 2 oz of apple cider vinegar and I have instant relief.
- Gout repair. Gout is a condition where the uric acid in the blood causes painful inflammation in one joint – often the big toe. Personal experience… Taking apple cider vinegar brought down pain and swelling very quickly with no drugs.
- Salad dressing. Mix apple cider vinegar and olive oil with favorite herbs and spices for instant gourmet salad dressing.
- Zit zapper. Dab apple cider vinegar on blemishes after washing face and before sleep. It balances the skin PH.
- Drain cleaner. Pour baking soda and apple cider vinegar in drain. Let sit for 15 minutes. Flush with water.
- Insect bite relief. Dab apple cider vinegar onto bites for natural instant relief from insect bites.
- Sunburn pain reliever. Soak in tepid bath water with a cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Dandruff. Mix 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar and 1/4 cup water and use as after shampoo rinse.
- Flea repellent. Spray and/or rub into the fur of your pet.
- Cleaning. Mix 1/2 apple cider vinegar with 1/2 water. Put in spray bottle. Use as regular cleaner. Spray on, wipe off. Absorbs odors and is antibacterial.
- Deodorant. Rub a bit of apple cider vinegar under your arms – absorbs stinky smells, kills bacteria and still let’s the body detox (which is what sweat actually is). You won’t smell like a salad all day because the vinegar smell leaves after it dries.
- Candida killer. Apple cider vinegar has enzymes that help to rid the body of candida. Drink it straight or water down 2 oz of apple cider vinegar a day.
Note: Organic apple cider vinegar is more expensive (but still a great bargain) than regular white household vinegar that can be used in large quantities for big projects like using vinegar as a weed killer.