With Earth Day coming up, so I thought I’d share this video by Jeff Yeager aka The Ultimate Cheapskate who shares some frugal ways to living green. In the past, I’ve doubted being green is frugal because buying solar panels and electric cars is a big expense. However, a reader shared how she got a deal on solar panels. Yeager keeps his suggestions simple which makes them doable for most of us.
Need more help saving green while going green?
We’ve got you covered! These are our suggestions to being eco-friendly without going broke.
- Learn how to eat organic on a budget.
- Stop throwing food away! Here’s how to make your own composter for cheap.
- Cut your grocery bill by growing your own food. Don’t have room at home? Learn the pros and cons of a community garden, and the profitable garden plants you should be planting.
- Save water. Collecting rainwater can help you save money. Learn to make your own rainwater barrel. But keep in mind that collecting rainwater in some states is illegal. You could also just save water from your shower for a greener way to flush the toilet.
- Save money in the laundry room by using a clothesline.
I found Yeager’s suggestion to slug interesting. After many years of using public transportation, I’m finally driving and looking to trim gas costs. Have you picked up total strangers in your car to be able to speed through the carpool lane?
How do you live green on a dime?
- 10 Easy Veggies to Plant This Spring (Wise Bread)