With summer in full swing, August is the best time to browse discount websites for outdoor gear sales. Stores are starting to roll out their fall and winter merchandise, so you can find discount biking gear, tents and camping supplies, cheap running shoes and even discounted luggage and accessories for the whole family.
Below are the five best discount websites for outdoor and active gear.
1. Steep and Cheap: Featuring premium outdoor gear and clothing at criminal prices, their tagline is “One killer gear deal, one item at a time until it’s gone.” With sales items changing every ten minutes at over 50% off, the deals go fast – so check back often. Their customer service and return policies are great, which is another reason this site is so popular.
2. Chainlove: With a similar “get it while it’s hot” set up, Chainlove has discount cycling gear 40-70% below retail. Whether you are looking for carbon fiber parts or new spinning shoes, this site is here to help.
3. Running Warehouse: Helmed as American’s finest online running specialty store, Running Warehouse is always having huge sales on running shoes, gear and apparel. Two-day shipping and return shipping is always free and without hassle, which I appreciate more than they know! They also have great video and online resources on finding the right gear for your body. Sign up for the Running Warehouse email list and get exclusive invitations to secret sales and more.
4. The Clymb: If it’s cheap outdoor gear you’re looking for, chances are The Clymb has it. They have up to 15 different limited-time sales going on at once several days, and the discounts range from 40-70% off. With premium discount gear for running, camping, snowboarding, climbing, hiking, cycling, skating and more, The Clymb’s prices are some of the best you will find.
5. Sierra Trading Post: Though this site mainly features outdoor sporting goods, they also sell luggage, electronics, golf accessories and even area rugs. Sierra Trading Post has been around for 25 years, so you know they know their stuff. Their clearance and bargain barn sections are where you will find the best deals, sometimes as much as 80% below retail.
Now that your mailbox is stuffed with discount outdoor gear, don’t forget to save money on camping, too! Enjoy the last few weeks of summer!