Do you toss out broccoli stalks, onion skins, and potato peels? You’re wasting money! A new book says we throw away $25 of every $100 we spend on groceries. Ouch!
Now you can turn your trash into edible treasure with “From Garbage to Gourmet,” by blogger Carrie Issac (who you may remember makes the awesome Grocery University).
Today and tomorrow only, “From Garbage to Gourmet” is 50% off!
The sale price of “From Garbage to Gourmet,” is $4.99 from Wednesday at 12 a.m. to Thursday at 11:59 p.m. MST ONLY. The flash sale celebrates the launch of the PDF ebook, which you can read on your computer (Mac or PC), iPad, Kindle, or Nook.
Reading my advance copy, I was inspired by Issac’s upbeat attitude and practical suggestions – like keeping small portions of frozen leftovers in the same section of your freezer. Why didn’t I think of that?
The images were gorgeous and the recipes simple. I love how easy she makes it to refer back to specific foods.
Here’s what you will find inside “From Garbage to Gourmet”:
- 81 original recipes for things like broccoli stalks, potato peels, carrot ends, herb stems, corn cobs, and more
- 190+ pages of never-before published content
- Printable versions of all the recipes
- Beautiful full-color, magazine-style format
- Ingredient index so you can quickly find ways to use a particular item
- More than 100 strategies to keep food from spoiling
Some of the recipes in the book:
- Asian Broccoli Slaw
- Poor Man’s Apple Cider
- Corn Cob Chowder
- Chocolate Cheesecake Bites
- Magic Hot Fudge Cake
- Creamy Avocado Bacon Dressing
- Chocolate Dessert Wontons
There is a Kindle version on Amazon, but it doesn’t have the printable recipes and lacks all the pretty pictures. Apparently, Kindle is not image-friendly. Starting Friday, the price goes up to $7.99 for the rest of March. Come April, the book will be $9.99.
I vow to do more with the food waste that I take for granted! And just think of how much less I’ll have to spend at the grocery store if I stop throwing out food?!
Do you toss out scraps? This book is for you!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for making blogging my full time job when I’m not taking care of Lucy!