I’ve been reading about natural cleaning tips that inspired me to tackle yucky cleaning jobs in my house. Here are the results of tips that worked:
- Clean between your keyboard keys using tape. I used double-sided tape and that cleaned twice as well. Just take a piece of tape and gently slide between the keys on your keyboard.
- Clean your gas stove burner grates by putting them into a ziplock bag with ammonia. Do this outside your house!
Supposedly, the fumes dissolve the burned on grease. I found that since my burners were VERY encrusted, I had to put enough ammonia into the bag to cover the lower part of the burner. I left the bag outside my house for two days, then scrubbed off the grease using a fruit bag mesh. They now look like new. Pretty amazing.
- Use a lemon rind in your garbage disposal to cut the grease and make it fresh smelling. The thicker the rind, the smaller I cut it up.
- Shine copper with salt and vinegar. It’s like magic! Try it on your copper bottom pots.
- Clean your silver with baking soda, salt, water and tin foil. This works, but not as magically as the copper. Place silver in a pan with the bottom lined with tin foil. Mix 1/4 cup baking soda and 2 teaspoons salt with enough boiling water to cover the silver. Leave for 5 or 10 minutes. Shine using a soft cloth or paper towel. Check out the picture above. That is an antique toothpaste tube roller that has “BB” monogrammed on it. Stands for BobbisBargains AND BargainBabe.
Have you found tips that did work? How about some that just weren’t worth the effort?
This post is copyrighted by BargainBabe.com. Other sites posting this content are violating the DMCA.