As I continue my quest for minimalism and simplicity, I have been working on creating a family command center to keep the clutter contained, sorted and, ideally, not jammed in a drawer and forgotten. Everyone has paperwork and scheduling to deal with, but if you have kids you know that that clutter can escalate to an impossible level! I have high hopes that a family command center could be the answer to some of our family’s paper-related challenges, and I want to share some of my favorite ideas from across the web.
I knew that I wanted to include a weekly menu, a grocery list, the kids’ chores, an inspirational bible verse or quote, and a monthly calendar. In addition, many of the solutions I found online also include memo boards, file boxes, charging docks and even space for bags and backpacks. As you plan, think about your daily schedule and what could help it go more smoothly. Then consider how much space you can devote to a command center and where it would best be located. Keep reading for some awesome ideas and start creating your own plans for a household organizational hub!
- All the Essentials: Karly from LifeasMama.com shares her 9 Must-Haves to build the perfect command center for your home! Get her helpful list here!
- Small Space Solution: Jenna of SAS Interiors does a beautiful job of transforming a small wall that would otherwise go unused into a super functional space! Click here to learn how!
- Corner Command: Cassie of Hi SugarPlum uses another tight spot, a kitchen corner to round up everything she needs to keep her family on track. I love how this one turned out; the tiny corner table is genius!
- In-Cabinet: I adore that Ginny of OrganizingHomeLife.com says she has chosen to embrace her outdated kitchen, while still utilizing it’s full potential! Her command center uses a cabinet to keep all those pesky papers neatly stashed away.
- Closet Command Center: If you are lucky enough to have a spare closet, Krista from HappyHousie.com shows us how to convert that tiny room into the ultimate home command center to keep it all at your fingertips. Click here to find out how she pulled it off!
- DIY Dry Erase Calendar Tutorial: I love this smart idea from Brie at Darling Doodle Design! The custom final product looks so beautiful and glass is even easier to clean than a traditional dry erase board. Find out how to make your own here.
I hope you are as inspired as I am by all of these practical (and beautiful) ideas. Don’t forget all of the related items you can order straight from Amazon. Personally, I am eyeing this mega magnetic menu, Mead’s Organizher line, and this triple letter holder. What would your ideal family command center include?
This post contains affiliate links.