I received a $100 gift card from PromotionalCodes.com to spend on a present for Father’s Day! I complied this list of quirky and unusual Father’s Day gifts in case you’re stumped on what to get for Dad. Father’s Day this year is Sunday, June 15, 2014.
7 unusual Father’s Day Gifts
1. Flowers – Men rarely receive flowers as gifts, but that’s not because they don’t want to. The few times I have given flowers to men, they have really loved them. Get 10% off FlowersFast.com with this coupon.
2. A Family Game – We received the Anomia party game as a gift and it was more fun for the adults and the kids. (Our group included kiddos as little as 9 and they were competitive with the adults!) You turn over cards one by one, and when you get a match, the two people with matching cards have to call out an item that fits into a particular category, like brands of toothpaste, or 70s bands, or a religious figure. When the pressure is on, it’s surprising how long it takes to think of a vowel. If your Dad or husband loves games, I really think he’ll like this one.
3. Swimtrunks – You know Dad will have a hard time picking out a stylish pair for himself, so go ahead and buy him these white and blue plaid swim trunks for $30 (orig. $50). Plus, use coupon code FRIEND at Macys to get an extra 25% off most everything in the store. Expires June 4, 2014.
4. Under Armour – Workout and casual gear from Under Armour is a top among fit dads or anyone who works out. Their clothes are high quality and dry quick – so sweaty dads don’t look like a wiped out rag after going for a run. Get free shipping on an order of $45 or more with this Under Armour coupon. Expires June 30, 2014.
5. Grill gear – Ok, this isn’t the most unusual of gifts for Dad, but most men I know like to grill as much as they like to show off their grill tools. Sur La Table has top quality kitchen gear, including grill must-haves like a vegetable basket (so small pieces don’t fall through the cracks), thermometer, and grill planks (piece of wood that you put directly on the grill). Right now Sur la Table is having a grill sale with items up to 50% off, plus you can use this coupon to get free shipping off $59 or more.
6. Moisturizer – Dads care about their wrinkles more than they may like to admit. I know my husband loves it when I share some of my special lotion from The Body Shop and dab it on his cheeks and nose. But he would NEVER buy lotion on his own. His official policy on lotion: it’s icky. But if I were to buy him some just for him, and remind him to put it on, and squeeze it out of the bottle for him, then he would use it. Here are a few Body Shop coupons to get you started.
7. Leather flip flops – I’ve had dozens of pairs of flip flops and nothing compares to the extreme comfort of leather Chaco flip flops. They are a bit pricey, but lots of stores carry them so you should be able to find a sale or coupon somewhere. I only regret that I threw my leather Chacos away because I thought the leather had absorbed poison oak oil and was repeatedly giving me a rash. Turns out, they weren’t the problem!