Walmart is a great place to score deals. They have everything from groceries to electronics at very low prices. The problem is that this one-stop shopping destination can make it hard to stay on budget. Here are some tips that will help you score even sweeter deals at Walmart.
Here are 6 ways to save at Walmart.
1. Coupon Overages – The Walmart coupon policy reads, “If coupon value exceeds the price of the item, the excess may be given to the customer as cash or applied toward the basket purchase.” Here’s an example of how this works. Basically, this means that if you have a $1 off coupon for a product and it’s on sale for $0.75 then that remaining $0.25 cents can be applied as a discount to your total purchase or given as cash back! This is a great way to save on produce and meat that rarely have coupons.
2. Price Match – Walmart will price match local competitor’s ads. If you bring in the sales flyer (although Walmart guidelines say you don’t need it) you’ll have backup in case the cashier or manager question the deal. You can also use a coupon along with a price match to score an even better deal. Just show the cashier the price match and then provide coupons. Walmart will only match ads if the lists size and price of item are listed, items purchased are identical to item in the ad, and will only match B1G1 deals if item size and price are listed in the flyer. There may be additional exclusions around Black Friday.
3. Check the Value of the Day – Walmart offers daily deals under their Value of the Day tab. Just click on the Value of the Day at the top of their website to see their daily discounts.
4. Use Coupons on Clearance Items – Walmart allows you to use coupons on clearance items so be sure to check these sections for deals. Some places you’re likely to find clearance items are at the end of aisles (especially beauty aisles) and seasonal/holiday sections.
5. Rainchecks – Rainchecks are issued at Walmart. Some items are not eligible for rain checks including “while supplies last” and “bonus” items. Make sure to check the sale ad to see if the raincheck applies.
6. Compare In-store and Online Prices – Walmart has free site-to store shipping so if you can snag a discount online it can really be a deal. Remember, prices and discounts vary online and in-store so it’s a good idea to check both especially on big ticket items.
Are you a frequent Walmart shopper? Let us know of any other Walmart shopping tips in the comments.
In-store coupons only! says
our Walmart has specials at the front, sometimes. They put items in carts with markings of special/closeout, etc.
this weekend, I bought Redenbacher microwave popcorn (3/box) for $2.88, however when I got to the fron checkout lines, I noticed there were some in the cart marked down to $1 (sea salt type). So I switched to the $1, I make this for my weekly Sun night Downton Abbey tv watching, and it was great.
Bargain Babe says
Thanks for sharing!