Store-bought costumes are often quite pricey and just don’t have the same charm and appeal as homemade costumes. But you don’t have to be a sewing whiz or craft queen to put together these affordable and adorable Halloween costumes.
6 Easy and Inexpensive Costumes Anyone Can Make.
1. Minecraft costume. If you kids or teens are as obsessed with Minecraft as mine are, you’ll know those masks, toys and props don’t come cheap. This Minecraft Steve costume from Vino Baby’s Voice will cost you less than $10. That’s considerably cheaper than the $75 you’d pay if you bought the store-bought version! (BTW, my 13 year-old son just peeked over my shoulder and said, “Cool Minecraft costume!”)
2. Cupcake costume. This cute costume idea comes from DFW Mama. What you need: a blanket, some pom poms and an upside-down lampshade. Your little one will look good enough to eat in this adorable creation! Want to make one for a older child or teen? Use a bigger lampshade!
3. Raining cats and dogs costume. What a clever idea! Kids will have fun putting this costume together. What’s needed: rainboots, a poncho or raincoat, small cat and dog plushes (like Beanie Babies or Beanie Boos), an umbrella, string and safety pins. From costume-works.com.
4. Starbucks Latte Costume. In the mood for a pumpkin spice latte? Use posterboard to make the cylinder cup and beige felt to make the whipped cream. A green “straw” can be made out of an empty paper towel holder. Pictured is the “Tall” version. You can also make this costume for teens – a “Grande” or an even larger size for adults – a “Venti.” IFrom daytripfinder.co.uk.
5. Jellyfish costume. Your little one will get so many cute smiles in this costume! Buy an inexpensive clear umbrella and decorate with streamers and construction paper. By onegoodthingbyjillee.com.
6. Stick figure costume. This is one costume that will “draw” a lot of attention. And so easy to make! What you need: white clothing, a paper plate and black electrical tape. This costume will work well for teens and adults as well as kids. From mylifeandkids.com.
Looking for even more ideas? Check out these previous Bargain Babe articles:
Halloween costumes for kids and adults under $10
9 Easy and Frugal Halloween Costumes for Babies
73 Easy Homemade Halloween Costumes for Adults and Children!
47 Halloween costumes to make at home
Leave a Reply