Christmas is just around the corner and I think a lot of us are under the wire for those last few names on our Christmas lists. I like to think of myself as a good gift-giver, but some people are just plain hard to shop for. Either I don’t really understand their tastes or they simply have everything they could possibly want or need. My fall-back in these cases are consumable gifts. Everyone likes to eat, right? (And if they don’t like to eat . . . remind me why I’m shopping for them?)
In the best case, food gifts introduce the recipient to new favorites and become part of lovely memories. And at the very least, they don’t clutter the home and they don’t end up in landfills! Here are 5 food gifts that are a little off the beaten path and will impress even the most jaded person on your list.
- Euphoria Chocolate Co. (pictured above) – If you are buying for a chocolate lover, then Euphoria Chocolate Co. should be first on your list. Their truffles are made of pixie dust and unicorn glitter. Okay, not really, but they might as well be because they are so incredibly delicious. Seriously, forget Godiva and Fannie May and See’s. Euphoria Chocolate Co. is where it’s at.
- Butcher Box – Butcher Box sent me a box to try out and I’ll be posting a full review soon. But I wanted to note it here because I am so impressed by it. Butcher Box is a monthly subscription that offers 100% grass-fed beef, organic/pastured chicken, and heritage breed pork. They also have individual gift boxes if you don’t want to give a whole subscription. Even if it’s not important to you that your meat is grass-fed or organic, Butcher Box is worth buying because the meat is just flat-out delicious. Even my kids could tell a difference in quality between Butcher Box and what I usually buy (typically from Costco, so decent quality in itself)! Each box is $129, and right now you can use code winterBB15 to get $15 off your first box (shipping is always free).
- RawSpiceBar – This is perfect for someone who loves to cook or just has an adventurous palate. RawSpiceBar sends a different set of spice mixes, along with recipes, every month. For example, this month’s box includes Licorice Salt, German Gingerbread, and Quatre Epices. Both sweet and savory recipes are included. I haven’t tried RawSpiceBar, but I wouldn’t kick it out of my mailbox! I think it looks like a lot of fun. Three, six, and twelve month subscriptions are available, with prices ranging from $26 to $84.
- Bertha Mae’s Brownies – What I love about Bertha Mae’s Brownies is that everything tastes so close to homemade, in the best possible way. In fact, you could probably pass them off as your own handiwork! And they offer more than brownies. Our favorite is the Toffee Cookies, but there are no bad choices.
- SnackCrate – I love this because it’s both delicious and educational! SnackCrate is a subscription that sends you a crate full of snacks from a different country every month. This would be such a great way to help teach your kids about different cultures. Food always makes learning more fun! Boxes range from $14 to $49.
Do you have a favorite consumable gift? Tell me about it in the comments!
This post contains affiliate links.