Cut down on waste and save money by reusing common household items. I’m sharing my laundry list of items I reuse. Plus, watch Jeff Yeager aka The Ultimate Cheapskate share his repurposing tips for everyday household items.
Here are 25 ways to reuse common household items.
1. Breath mint containers work as a wallet or pill holder.
2. Cereal bags are a cheaper alternative to Ziplock bags.
3. Wine corks have many uses. I share 12 ways to repurpose wine bottle corks.
4. Baby wipes can also keep electronics like cell phones, and laptops clean.
5. Kitty litter can save your phone if you drop it in water. Rice also does the trick! I learned this from a friend who spilled his coffee on his brand new phone.
6. Leftover black tea can be used to deodorize stinky feet.
7. Empty egg cartoons are great to start seedlings.
8. Ketchup bottles can be cleaned and used squeeze out the perfect amount of pancake batter.
9. Aluminum foil works as a makeshift pot scrubber.
10. Have a lot of hangers hanging around? I share 10 new uses for clothes hangers.
11. Paper bags work well to cover textbooks, and wrap presents.
12. Soda bottles are perfect for creating green houses. Just cut the bottom of the bottle and cover seedlings with the top.
13. Ice cream sticks can be transformed into garden markers.
14. Old newspaper has many uses. I share 20 uses for old newspaper.
15. Use sandpaper to sharpen scissors.
Watch The Ultimate Cheapskate share 10 more ways to reuse common household items.