Whether you find a dusty collection at a yard sale, or buy a new box at your local clearance store, you may be surprised at the many uses of the classic jar. Able to withstand high temperatures and pressure, glass jars are a healthier, more durable choice than their plastic container counterparts (and they could be around a whole lot longer). Not to mention adding that little touch of vintage charm to your home! If you look a little closer you will find a huge array of accessories and ideas that take the “Ball” jar to the next level. We’re talking gifts, cleaning, storage and downright adorable decorative touches. These aren’t your grandma’s canning jars, folks!
How to Reuse Mason Jars
- Toddler Training Cup: You have probably seen glass jars used in place of drinking glasses, but have you tried making them into sippy cups? Check out these Nuby brand sippy lids that fit right into a standard jar ring!
- Smoothie on the Go: After you blend your delicious green smoothie, pour it right into a standard jar and top it with these awesome BPA free straw lids and straws!
- Speaking of beverages, did you know you can cold-brew coffee right in your jar? I love this idea! Also check out the drool-worthy Pour Mason from Red Rooster Trading Company.
- Ball jars will even work for snacks on the go, with this cool add-on by Cuppow (pictured above).
- Don’t forget to boost your healthy meals by building layered jar salads! Check out these 18 Mason Jar Salad Recipes by BuzzFeed!
- Turn Mason jars into a bank! My kids would love this, especially topping Ball Heritage jars in gorgeous green or purple.
- There are lots of ways to store honey (some of them stickier than others) but this handy attachment makes jars of local honey incredibly easy to serve!
- Add a little country chic to your bathroom with this Classic Toothbrush Holder jar lid.
- Light up your summer entertaining with these lighted toppers by Transform Mason.
- This spray bottle attachment is perfect for DIY vinegar and essential oil blends that would degrade typical plastic bottles. (Try 1/2 cup vinegar, 1/2 cup water and 10-12 drops of essential oils for a safe and natural cleaning solution.)
- Why not make lemonade with the kids using this adorable jar juicer attachment? While you’re at it, take a look at these fun DIY lemonade stands.
- For the kitchen, add some extra flavor with salt and pepper together in a jar! (While you are cooking, I absolutely adore these ceramic jar accessories!)
- Finally, there is nothing quite as homey as soap in a jar! Try these sturdy plastic toppers to avoid rust and fuss. I love using diluted castile soap for an inexpensive simple solution.
How do you repurpose Mason jars?
Leah Prescott blogs about homeschooling, family, and bargain hunting at https://2ndgenhomeschooler.wordpress.com/.
This post contains affiliate links.