I recently saved about $35 using duct tape to fix my bike seat instead of buying a new one (and after riding it for one week I’m happy to report that it works fine, though a little bit of stickiness is poking through that may eventually stick to my clothes).
Jamie at SpendLessTV shared another great use for duct tape (No. 2), which made me think I should highlight the many, money-saving uses for the super sticky tape.
1. Repairing bicycle seats*
2. Mending torn shower curtains (use duct tape to cover the spot, then hole punch through where the ring goes)
3. Extending the life of shoes, especially cleats
4. Fixing ducts, of course!
5. Making book covers*
6. Repairing broken hoses
7. Creating dog chew toys
8. Patching school folders*
9. Putting up Christmas lights
10. Protecting your car bumper
11. Securing broken glasses
12. Fixing or making a wallet
13. Repairing/reinforcing wires and chords*
14. Fixing the back panel on the remote control that always seems to break off
15. Removing lint from clothes
16. Creating a clothes line
17. Covering a hockey stick
18. Patching cloth holes and tears
19. Repairing backpack straps*
20. Making a mummy costume for Halloween
21. Making fake swords by wrapping around cardboard
* uses I have actually used
Thanks to The Zac for many of these ideas! How have you used duct tape to save money?