I’m in the market for new workout clothes. The pairs of yoga pants I’ve had for more than five years are beginning to thin at the inner thigh. Since I practically live in workout clothes, I need them to stand up to constant wear. Here’s how I find workout clothes at affordable prices.
- Avoid name brand retailers– Stores like Nike and Adidas are so expensive. Even with discounts or coupons the prices are still high, at least for my price range. I do like to frequent these stores to see what’s new and gauge prices.
- Avoid secondhand stores – If I were looking for non-workout clothes, I would look at secondhand stores to save money. Maybe it’s just me, but I do not want to wear other peoples’ old gym clothes. Eww! For hygiene purposes, I also avoid shopping for old tennis shoes. Bobbi says used shoes can be a hot deal as long as you follow these rules.
- Ask for hand me downs – A while back I received name brand athletic wear from my cousin who had lost weight. Although she had worn the clothes, they were in good condition. Plus, they were free! I am open to wearing workout clothes from people I know.
- Outlets – I’ve found workout clothes to be up to 50% off at outlets. To get these deals you have to shop a full season after you see the clothes in the regular stores. Athletic shoe outlets are also good sources of deals, especially if you can score coupons to bring the price down even further. If you sign up for an outlet’s email, you may be able to score a free VIP coupon booklet.
- Off-price retailers – Stores like Ross, TJ Maxx, and Marshall’s are great places to look for workout clothes. The prices can be just as good as shopping at outlets, if not better. I also really like these stores because they have more recent styles.
- Shop less known brands – You don’t have to buy name brands. Shopping for less known brands will save you a bundle.
- Shop the teen’s section – Because of my stature, I can get away with shopping in the teens section. I’ve found large sizes are perfect and there’s no need to get pants altered. Prices tend to be lower for some items. Before paying make sure to compare prices!
- Use old clothes – I have shirts that have bleach spots and have seen better days, but are perfect to wear underneath a sweater when jogging. Don’t through out old clothes, use it to workout in.