Scoring full size freebies and free stuff can be challenging, but possible! Not only do full size samples save more money, but they allow you to try a product for a longer period of time to make sure you truly like it. Getting your hands on free full sized products will be easier if you follow my four suggestions below. Thanks to reader Shauna for this post idea!
I share 4 ways to score full-size freebies.
1. Social Media – I’ve heard from a lot of readers who do not want to use social media to score freebies because they’re afraid they’ll become hooked, or they’ll no longer have their privacy. I understand your concerns, but seriously, this is the easiest ways to snag freebies. ALL companies use social media to reach potential customers so this method of scoring freebies will only continue to grow. If you think about it, you’re already giving out companies your info when scoring freebies directly through their sites. Plus, you can always use a different name online, a secondary email account, and change your privacy settings until you feel safe.
2. Magazines – Even if you only read online and don’t have a subscription, many magazines hand out full-sized beauty products to attract readers. Many times you will be asked for an email, but you can opt out of receiving newsletters. Make sure you don’t inadvertently sign up for a magazine subscription! Two of my favorite mags to score freebies are below.
- Allure Magazine – I’ve posted this mag’s freebies in our daily freebie post before. It has a free stuff section and gives out full-size trial samples of high-end and drugstore cosmetic brands. The freebies spontaneously appear on the site so you must keep an eye out for items that interest you. The next free sample giveaways start on June 6! You’ll have a chance to win Redken Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine.
- Lucky Magazine – Offers really great giveaways of full-size products in limited quantities. Plus, you can also score free trips, clothes, and tech. You really have to be… well, lucky to score freebies from this mag. The current Lucky Break Sweepstake gives you a chance to win the Dior makeup worn on their cover by Christina Hendricks. Are you a Mad Men fan?
3. Members only sites – These sites are free to join and have random freebie giveaways. You can also score coupons and find recipes. You must be signed up for the site before the freebie goes live or else you’re out of luck!
- BettyCrocker.com – Score up to $250 in coupons per year! Plus keep an eye on their emails as that’s how free sample alerts are sent out.
- Pillsbury.com – Search recipes, clip coupons, and make sure to keep an eye out for freebies every month.
- Live Better America – This site is a healthier alternative to the aforementioned sites, in my opinion. Find nutritional advice, fitness and relationship tips, and more. Plus, sign-up to stay in the loop about freebies!
- Box Top for Education – Collect box tops from participating products and redeem them to help support your kids’ school(s). Plus, you’ll have a chance to score freebies every month.
4. Blogs – I recently won a full-size Tom’s of Maine toothpaste from Eco-Stilleto, a blog about making green choices in your life. I was ecstatic as Tom’s of Maine is pricey in my area — about $5 a tube! All I did was open their newsletter. Scoring full-sized samples can be that simple, but it may also mean you have to spend time searching the web to find exactly what you want.
As always, I aggregate the best freebies on the web in our daily freebie post so make sure to check back often!