I’ve written before about how to get free or discounted gift cards. Now, I want to share some awesome gift cards deals that come with perks.
Some of these promotions are ongoing while some are tied to promotions for Father’s Day and graduation season so make sure to call ahead to find out if the promotion has not been discontinued in your area.
- Chili’s – The restaurant is offering 10% off gift cards of $100 or more as part of their dads and grads promotion.
- Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf – This is one of my favorite coffee shops and I’ve written before about how swiping my credit card to pay for my caffeine addiction cost me a bundle. To stay on budget with my coffee purchases I bought a gift card and got a free drink. You can too! Purchase a $25 gift card at Coffee Bean and get a free drink. It’s unclear how long this will last.
- Starbucks – If you are a Starbucks aficionado, then this is the gift card for you. My Starbucks rewards lets you earn earn stars that can be redeemed for free refills, milk of your choice (great for those that are lactose intolerant and must pay extra for soy milk) and syrups. You also get a free birthday beverage. All you have to do is purchase a gift card and register it online.
- Dunkin Donuts – This coffee shop’s perks reward program is similar to Starbucks. When you buy your gift card, you’ll have to register it to get a free medium beverage. You’ll also get a free medium beverage on your birthday. The rewards program is ongoing. Their spring promotion includes a pretty sweet deal, buy 3 cards for the price of 2.
- Target – Get a $5 gift card from Target when you purchase two of these products: select L’Oreal Hair Color, AcneFree Clear Skin Terminator, and Physicians Formula cosmetics. These gift card deals are not being advertised so make sure to look for them when you head to your local Target to make sure they are available. The deal is valid thru June 9.
- Coinstar – Have some lose change lying around, but don’t want to feed it to the machine because you’ll get charged a fee? No need to worry. Coinstar has partnered with retailers including Starbucks, Gap, iTunes, Amazon.com and others and they’ll pay that pesky fee if you use your coins to purchase their gift cards. Not bad, if you already planned on buying a gift card.
- Outback Steakhouse – Get a $10 bonus card when you buy a $50 gift card by June 19, 2011 and use it by July 15, 2011.
- Uno Chicago – Word on the street is if you buy a $25 gift card, you’ll get a $5 bonus card but I was not able to confirm this on the Uno Chicago site. Call ahead to check.
- Grocery stores – Most grocery stores offer $5 off your next purchase when you buy a gift card worth $25 or more.
Here are even more deals!
- On the Border – Spend $100 and get 10% off from till June 20
- Dell (GOGO) – Spend 400 and get $75 from June 9 to June 22
- Uno (GOGO) – Spend $25 and get $5 from till June 26
- Jockey (GOGO) – Spend $50 get $ 5 from till June 20
- Pizza Hut (GOGO max $5000) – Spend $25 get $5 till June 21
- Not Your Average Joe’s (Limited GOGO) – Spend $50 get $10 till June 30
Before buying gift cards, make sure to bone up on the new gift card rules. Know of any other gift card promotions with perks? Share them with us.