If you are counting the days until the beginning of the month when your spending budget is replenished, like me, here are a few ideas and resources to get you to May.
- Make meals out of whatever is left in your fridge. Click here to see how many days I lasted when I stopped buying groceries.
- Or cook recipes suggested by one grocery store that only cost $3 a day, which is how much food stamp recipients have for groceries.
- Park your car in favor of biking, taking the bus, or walking. Hubby and I recently took the bus downtown for a date and I was pleasantly surprised how convenient it was.
- Most museums have at least one free day a month. Check when it is at museums near you.
- Instead of going out to an expensive dinner or show, invite your friends over or go on one of these cheap dates. Or rent a free DVD from the library.
- If you hit the bars, leave your credit cards at home and only bring the amount of cash you want (or have) to spend.
- Find out what kind of free stuff you can get on Frugal Freebies.
- Dig out unused gift cards and re-consider using them. Maybe I will go to Panera Bread, after all!
Make it a game to see how long you can go without spending. Instead of feeling trapped because you cannot buy anything, think of how powerful you feel by doing so much without spending!