Clothing swaps are becoming all the rage now as the crunch on budgets continue. Economic recovery? Tell that to my wallet and my friend who just got laid off. Clothing swaps are easy to pull off but require a few things.
1. A critical mass of similarly sized gals with overlapping fashion senses. Aim to get 10 people together for the swap and at a minimum have five attend. Ask everyone to bring at least two bags of clothes and shoes.
2. A place to have the swap. Your living room will do just fine. Bonus points if you have full length mirrors available.
3. Extra rooms for modest mouses to change in.
4. A display/sorting system. Ask everyone to group their items by category – T-shirts, shoes, jeans, etc. If everyone sorts their stuff it won’t take more than a few minutes.
5. Snacks for guests to enjoy. Potlucks will never go out of style in my book. Ask everyone to bring an appetizer while you create a signature swap drink to sip.
6. A coin to toss in case two people want the same item.
7. A local charity to donate leftovers.