If you’re on a mission to find inexpensive, yet useful stocking fillers for the fashionista in your life, you’re in luck. These items caught my eye on a recent trip to my local drugstore because of how helpful they are for anyone who wears heels, is into fashion, or just wants to appear well-groomed. If you need Christmas gift ideas for others on your list, check out Bargain Babe’s suggestions or opt for homemade gifts.
• Dr. Scholl’s For Her Fast Flats – Ladies we’ve all been there. We’ve worn heels to special occasions or a girl’s night out and by the end of the night we are begging to kick the shoes off. Well, now you can. These flats can be rolled up, stashed in the wristlet they come in, and tossed in a purse – ready to be worn at a moment’s notice. Fast Flats come in three sizes. Cost: $10.
• Tide pen – Coffee and food stains beware. This stain-removing pen works wonders. I fell in love with it when I accidentally spilled coffee on my shirt and a friend handed me her pen. The stain disappeared and I was hooked. Now, I carry a pen with me wherever I go. Add this to your friend’s stocking and she will surely thank you later. Cost: $5 for a pack of two.
• Dr. Scholl’s For Her Rub Relief Tape or stick – Ill-fitting shoes and heels can be a pain after walking around all day trying to get things done, not to mention the blisters – ouch! Sometimes adhesive bandages won’t cut it. Treat your friend to pain relief in the form of a protective tape or stick that prevents blisters. She can keep it in her purse or backpack to be ready when the pain strikes. Cost: $5.
• Double-Stick Tape – Taking your pants to the tailors is a chore so when you need pants to fit properly, double-stick hem tape is a lifesaver. Celebrities are also known to use tape to keep – um – things in place. It’s also helps prevent wardrobe malfunctions when wearing button down shirts. Cost: about $10.
• Hair accessories – This is a simple gift, but one that you can personalize if you know your friend’s style well. Or stick to basic hair elastics, which always go missing. Consider accessories like headbands (metallic-colored ones work well for the holidays) and clips. Cost: $2 – $10.