1. A magazine subscription. Amazon has a bunch for $5 for a year!
2. A gift certificate to the recipients favorite restaurant (if you are not local have the eatery put it in the mail and explain what is coming in a card)
3. A CD or book. Borders has a 30 percent off coupon good through Dec. 24. If you are looking for holiday music, check out Duke Ellington’s Three Suites for a swinging version of The Nutcracker.
4. Framed children’s art.
5. A family object from past generations. Last year my Aunt Mary gave me a beautiful quilt made by my great-grandmother. It was the most touching gift I received.
6. A stainless steel mug filled with candy, a letter, or another treat. Walgreens has a set of three mugs for just $10!
7. Tickets to a concert, ballet, opera, or show. You can let the recipient chose from a variety of performances.
8. If you want a gadget, consider a Flip Camera or GPS. If money is not an issue, pick up a netbook or iPhone.
9. A neat homemade gift is Que Bella Body Scrub, above. Five ingredients. Two hours. $40 bucks. More than a dozen gifts.
10. What’s your best last minute Christmas gift idea?