Are you among the 30 percent of holiday shoppers who are putting off your holiday shopping until the last minute, which happens to be this weekend? I got a jump start on my shopping last night and wanted to share a few things that worked for me.
1. Make a list ahead of time. You’ll either blank out or be overwhelmed by the massive selection without one. Need gift ideas? Check out my gift guide.
2. Plan a route that involves as little driving and re-parking as possible. Mall. Traffic. Is. Slow.
3. Eat first and bring a bottle of water. I like to pack a snack too, like string cheese, an apple, or trail mix. Don’t waste precious energy and patience waiting in line for food!
4. Wear walking shoes.
5. Stay on track by NOT shopping with a friend. Who needs another distraction?
6. Park at the empty corner of the mall (if there is one). Once you get inside, it doesn’t make much of a difference where you parked.
7. Save receipts in one spot to decrease the chances of misplacing one.
8. Always ask what the return policy is.
9. Ask for a discount if the item is damaged in any way, if you can pay in cash for a pricey item, if you are buying a number of items, or if there are other mitigating circumstances. Brush up on your haggling skills.
How do you prepare for last minute holiday shopping?