I took some fabulous pictures of my sexy librarian costume Saturday night with my iPhone but only one of them survived. The next day I lost my iPhone with all the pictures. Fell out of my pocket while playing ultimate frisbee at a small tournament on Roosevelt Island in New York City. When I called the phone, nobody answered. I did not have a password on my phone, unfortunately, although those can be hacked as well. When I called my phone carrier to report it stolen, there had already been several international calls made. 🙁 Dang it! The only Halloween photo that survived (because I emailed it to my sister) is um, not appropriate for the blog. Sorry, folks.
But I’ll tell you what I wore and you can piece it together in your lovely head.
My sexy librarian costume consisted of…
- Fitted navy blue skirt that fell at my knee (nicely made skirt from J.Crew that I got for work years ago, never wear it anymore even though it fits perfectly)
- Tight white top (shaved my underarms in case it was hot inside a bar and I needed to take my cardigan off…hate when I forget to do that!)
- Light colored unbuttoned cardigan
- Black heels (as high as I could manage and safely walk, so not very high)
- Hair worn in a tight and high bun with a few strands escaping around my face (used a hair tie because I’m not so good at hair that I could make a chopstick work)
- Carried a paperback copy of Moby Dick (too obvious?)
- Light makeup and small earrings (really trying hard to think of the last time I saw a female librarian wearing any jewelry at all)
My costume was pretty obvious…that’s a good thing, right? It was also comfortable and super easy to put together. I didn’t have to buy a single item for this Halloween. Suh-weet! My budget for Halloween costumes is usually about $15 per person, so I’m somewhat limited in what I can dress up as. I appreciate all your amazing ideas and for helping me have fun on a holiday without spending any money. That means I was able to buy a few drinks on my night out in costume!
Hope you had a great holiday and found a fun and frugal costume to dress up in! We’ll be back next year with another Halloween costume content where you get to decide what I dress up as for Halloween. The most frugal and fun costume wins!
aka Bargain Babe