Four years ago, Dove beauty products ran one of the most successful viral video campaigns of the time. It graphical showed that our perception of beauty is twisted by the ability of makeup and graphic artists to make the human body look drastically different than it actually is. In the hands of an expert, Photoshop graphic software can drastically change the way that anybody looks.
These constant visual illusions set the stage for cosmetic companies to sell overpriced and unnecessary products to young and old, male and female, rich and poor. Do we really need toxic chemicals from cosmetics added to our skin and our budgets? No.
The best beauty is natural beauty. It is lasting. Really.
Here are 8 tried and true simple steps you can do to bring out your natural beauty.
- Drink water. Pure, clean water. Water is what the body uses to flush out the toxins that accumulate and cause unwanted and unbeautiful conditions like pimples, wrinkles and bags under your eyes.
- Get a good and restful night’s sleep every night. I know that this is very hard for many people to do, but you can help yourself by turning off the computer or tv and going to sleep early enough that you can get a good 8 hours of sleep. For those of you with young kids… sorry, I know that probably isn’t possible.
- Avoid eating sugar. Wow. Yep. Sugar is not good for your beauty when eaten, but it can be used as a sugar scrub to exfoliate your skin.
- Eat your dark green veggies. Your mom was right. Green leafy vegetables are really good for you.
- Avoid and/or release stress. Figure out what that means for you. Perhaps you need to do yoga or take some walks or run the marathon. Perhaps reading a book relaxes you are getting a massage.
- Get rid of negative people from your life. If you feel worse every time you are with a certain someone, then you probably shouldn’t hang out with them. If it is a family member, that is kind of hard, but if it is a friend, then perhaps it is time to let go of that friendship. A great saying that is floating around facebook goes something like: “Before you decide to take anti-depressants, find out if you are just surrounded by jerks.”
- Find work in life that you enjoy. Living tends to take up all of your time, so it is best to be doing something that you like.
- Make your own all natural beauty products or buy them from a company that only uses ingredients that you can pronounce. Return to Beauty is a great book devoted to homemade beauty recipes.
I hope these above tips help you. You can also check out these frugal beauty tips from Yazmin. Have you ever made your own beauty products?
This post is copyrighted by BargainBabe.com. Other sites posting this content are violating the DMCA.