Cough. My new pink shoes, above, are a necessity? That’s what the NY Times says! Here is their reasoning.
“Most of the shoes being bought today are moderately priced, according to retailers and market researchers,” the story says. “Executives at Macy’s said women’s shoes typically cost half as much as a handbag of similar quality.
“Also, the cost-per-wear of a pair of shoes is far lower than that of a dress or suit, which can only be donned so many times a week before colleagues snicker. And new shoes spruce up old outfits, a cheaper alternative to buying more clothes.”
Other reasons include:
- shopping for shoes is more fun and less-tiring than trying on clothes
- trying on shoes doesn’t make you feel fat!
- buying shoes in bright colors makes you feel happy (pink is an upper!)
- shoes are a quick way to update your wardrobe
- when we’re tired of being frugal, we indulge in one thing we love – shoes, of course!