The best day of the year is fast approaching. Christmas is nice and birthdays can be fun, but really, do any of them compare to National Pi Day? I never need an excuse to eat pie, but it sure is nice to have the habit formally endorsed. We want you to be prepared for this Monday, so here are six delicious recipes to inspire you.
1. I just started seeing blackberries in stores, so this Apple-Blackberry Pie with Ginger from The Kitchn is very tempting. Apples and blackberries together! Why have I never thought of this?
2. Sweet Cherry Pie from Gimme Some Oven is a tasty twist on the more traditional sour cherry pie.
3. Don’t have a sweet tooth? I don’t . . . understand you. But I still want you to celebrate National Pi Day, so here is a Garlic Chicken and Vegetable Pot Pie from Pinch of Yum.
4. A Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Pie from Smitten Kitchen combines pretty much all of my favorite things.
5.With only four ingredients, Martha Stewarts’s Crisp Coconut and Chocolate Pie could not be simpler. This is a great choice for pie novices and, of course, chocolate lovers.
6. Brown Eyed Baker gives us a gorgeous Key Lime Pie, which, as she points out, you should absolutely make even if you can only find standard limes.