A person’s ability to come up with a creative, romantic, and frugal Valentine’s date is a true indicator of that person’s ability to come up with creative, thoughtful, and debt-free lifestyle choices.
We’ve already covered many frugal and creative Valentine’s dates in nine unusual Valentine’s dates that are frugal too, cheap debt-free valentine’s dates, and you calling me a cheap date? You betcha. Browse all three of these articles and you will have enough great date ideas to take you through to your 25th wedding anniversary.
However, these ideas still require you follow some very important rules:
- Plan ahead. Do not wait until the day before Valentine’s Day to make your plans. Most special dates require advance work. If you are going to take your loved one to a taping of her favorite TV show, you will definitely have to book this ahead of time. Making a portrait of your dear-heart out of soda cans REALLY takes advance notice. So, don’t wait!
- Pay attention. If you decide that going to a drive-in movie would be a great idea, then make sure that your loved one hasn’t mentioned that she hates drive-in movies. Listen.
- Gather support. Sometimes you need other people in order to pull off your romantic date. Let’s say you want to have a flash mob marriage proposal. You will need to gather lots of other people to pull that one off. But, you know, people WANT to help you make a great romantic effect. So, ask your friends and family for help.
- Take pictures and video. So, you manage to pull off this sensational moment, like a sunset helicopter ride over the site of your first encounter. You really must document the moment. My husband and I talked to our not-yet-conceived children at our wedding reception. It’s some pretty cool footage. A total keeper.
- Once the moment comes, you have to let it just unroll. You can plan and plan, but when the magic moment comes, you have to let it just happen. Don’t get upset if it doesn’t work the exact way you planned. That will DEFINITELY ruin the moment. Just enjoy the moment, and it will be even better.
I hope all these ideas help you to have a wonderful Valentine’s Day with your special someone. Anyone have some other advice?
This post is copyrighted by BargainBabe.com. Other sites posting this content are violating the DMCA.