Eeek, Mother’s Day is this Sunday! Time is running out to find the perfect gift. Here are a few ideas.
- Grab a basket, extra bowl, or gift bag you have around the house and stuff it with a few treats from Cost Plus World Market or another store. I like to line the container with shredded newspaper to give it a store-bought feel. Pick a theme for the items, such as sweet, savory, spicy, or chose items that relate to her hobby.
- Send her an e-card (with or without an attached gift card). I like Blue Mountain’s free e-cards.
- Buy her a spa treatment and include the babysitting she needs make the appointment
- Create a cookbook for her by printing out recipes from online sites like Epicurious or Allrecipes.
- Fill her gas tank (or surprise her with another overdue chore).
- Give her a gift certificate to Sephora (if she likes makeup), Nordstrom (if she has expensive taste) or Target (if you don’t know where she shops – it’s general enough she should be able to find something she likes)
- Find a florist near her home and arrange to have flowers delivered.
- If all else fails, tell your Mom you are thinking about her over the phone (this is the “gift” my Mom said she wanted when I asked her for ideas)
For more ideas read my post on 12 mother’s day gifts from the heart – not the wallet.