I’d be embarrassed to watch this video with anyone but myself. It’s about how much I heart vinegar!
Now you know all about why I love vinegar…it has so many uses! Since sharing this video we’ve created a list of the best uses for vinegar. Here our top uses complete with tips from readers!
1). Use can use vinegar to get rid of cooking odors. Simply fill a shallow pan with one part vinegar and one part water. If you’d like a sweet smell you can add a few pieces of citrus peel or lemon juice to the water. This will create a pleasant citrusy scent. Then, just heat the mixture to simmering and allow it to simmer for a couple of hours replenishing the water and vinegar as needed.
2) Vinegar is also a great weed killer! Just put vinegar in a spray bottle and spray the weeds. As early as the next day, you should see less weeds. You’ll want to be careful not to spray close to plants that you want keep, however, because vinegar will kill most plants.
3) Use vinegar to remove salt from shoes. I know that I find it frustrating when my favorite pair off boots is ruined by salt. Vinegar can solve that problem Simply mix one cup of warm water with one tablespoon of white vinegar. Soak a cotton ball in the mixture and wipe it over the salt stains. You can also use a washcloth if you don’t have cotton balls on hand. You’ll want to make sure to allow the shoes to air dry because applying hit can be damaging to certain shoe materials.
4) You can soothe a bee or jellyfish sting by dousing the area with vinegar. I’ve never tried this but readers swear that it works. I wish I’d known this when I was younger! My siblings I were always getting bee stings during summertime.
5) Remove bumper stickers or price tags by wiping down with vinegar.First, soak a cloth in vinegar and press it onto the bumper sticker for three to five minutes. You will want to make sure the bumper sticker is sufficiently soaked. Next, peel off the sticker from the edges. If any sticky residue remains (it always does!) rub vinegar over the area to remove it.
6) You can use vinegar to repel ants. This is a great tip to use in spring and summer. Just spray vinegar around doors, window frames, and any other places you know are ant trails.