I headed to IKEA this past weekend in search of a kitchen island and left with bathrobes. Oye! I couldn’t help myself as I’d been looking for comfy robes for a while. At the register, I received a wonderful surprise. IKEA has a rewards card! Am I the last one to know?
While in line, I was debating my purchase with my sister and the cashier chimed in.
“You know those robes are on sale, ” she said.
“Really?! I didn’t notice. How much?”
“Let me check for you. Do you have your IKEA family card?”
“I don’t have one. What is it?”
“It’s a rewards card that gives you monthly product discounts. Plus other free stuff.”
“Does that mean I won’t get the discount today?”
“Don’t worry. I’ll give you the discount. You can get your card at our kiosk.”
The plush robes were originally $24.99, but I got them for $19.99.
After paying, I walked over to the kiosk and entered basic information to get my free rewards card. Aside from the monthly product discounts, there are other perks:
- Discounts in their restaurant. I love their mini-meatballs!
- A chance to win a $100 IKEA gift card every time I scan my card in store.
- Free coffee or hot tea at their restaurant.
- A free frozen yogurt coupon. Can’t wait!
- For those with kids, you can get more SmÃ¥land time for your kiddies.
How awesome is that? Have any of your favorite stores started a loyalty program or have started giving shopping rewards?