My birthday was this past Monday and I celebrated with friends and family… and freebies! I got a free ice cream, a small cake, a fancy dinner… and I still have coupons to use.
Here’s how to score free stuff on your birthday.
What I Scored:
Let me start by saying that while there are many freebies out there to be had, in the interest of keeping my girlish figure, I have no interest in hitting every eatery in town that might offer me free things. Instead, I went for my favorite choices.
- The Corner Bakery – This chain offers healthy food choices as well as amazing home-baked sweets. My free coupon, which arrived via e-mail, was for a free sweet. I figured it’s my birthday, so why not splurge? I ordered a Blueberry Hand Pie and it was delicious.
- Jamba Juice – Another email coupon. For lunch, I ordered an Kale-ribbean Breeze smoothie and yes, it was 100% free.
- Benihana – For dinner, I went to Benihana with my family with my $30 free meal coupon which covered my meal in its entirety.
- Baskin & Robbins – I have a coupon for a free ice cream scoop. Since my daughter’s birthday is only 6 days after mine, she received one, too. We plan on going together this week.
- IHOP – I haven’t yet used this coupon for free Rooty Tooty Fresh ‘N Fruity pancakes, but I have until next Monday, so I’m good.
- World Market – Okay, so a 15% off coupon isn’t exactly a freebie, but I love this store so I’m happy to get a discount the next time I shop.
- CVS – They sent me $3 off any purchase. I am constantly popping into this store, so I will put this to good use.
- Sharkey’s – My favorite chain restaurant emailed me $5 off of anything, so I’m planning a lunch date this week.
What else can you get for free?
In a Bargain Babe post from 2012, longtime reader Glenn shared his birthday freebies, which included:
- A free Brownie sundae at Buca di Beppo. I opted to skip this this year – I love Buca di Beppo, but not their calories.
- A free birthday appetizer at Red Robin, offered to new members of the Red Royalty Club. I checked their webpage and they now offer a free Birthday Burger and it appears to be available not just to new members, but is offered every year.
- A free birthday burger at Ruby Tuesday. I checked and this offer is still up and running.
- A $5 off coupon at Daphne’s Greek Restaurant. I need to sign up with them.
- A free menu item on your birthday from Hooter’s. Um, no thanks. But when the all male-waiter version, Tallywackers, makes its debut in my area, I’ll consider it.
- Free premium milkshake at Del Taco. Offer still running.
- Claim Jumper – $25 meal certificate. Please note there is a one-time fee to join this “club.”
To see what else Glenn scored, check out his BB post. Also check out these previous Bargain Babe posts:
Okay, so we’ve covered this theme before, but honestly, it never gets old. Who doesn’t love free stuff?!
Sites for Free Birthday Stuff:
FreeBirthdayTreats.com – Includes lists of free entertainment, restaurant deals, retail and travel.
BirthdayFreebies.com – Type in your zip code to receive freebie info from restaurants and local businesses in your neighborhood.
FreeBirthdayStuff.com – Freebie categories include amusement parks, apparel, health & beauty, casinos, etc.
AllYou.com – The premiere freebie magazine offers you a list of restaurants and retailers in your area offering special discounts and free things on your birthday.
Freebie-depot.com – 700+ birthday freebies listed. Updated frequently.
What are your favorite birthday freebies?