Here are 11 more ideas for frugal, DIY Halloween costumes, courtesy of the Coupon Sherpa blog. I picked the best ideas from their list of 50 do-it-yourself costume ideas. All very frugal!
3. The Nerd: Some can go from work to Halloween parties without a change of clothes, but for non-nerds, pair high-water pants, a short-sleeved dress shirt buttoned to the top with pens in the pocket and appropriate ink stains. Take the nose and mustache off a set of Groucho glasses and you’ve completed the look.
6. Ugly Betty is a good option for ladies not interested in a sexy look: Heavy framed glasses are required but a Sears poncho is optional.
8. Mortgage-backed Security: Financial whizzes need only wrap a lightweight dollhouse in chains or ropes to make this costume work. Pair a business suit with a briefcase and strap the house to your back. For an added touch, paint your face black and blue.
12. Corporate CEO: You’ll need a decent suit for this one, but what really makes this costume work is the golden parachute, made by spray painting a bed sheet gold and allowing it to peak out of a backpack. You can stuff fake bills in your pockets but be prepared to lose them over the evening to costumed Job Seekers.
21. Lamp: Top an all-black ensemble with a large lampshade and you’ll light-up the party.
26. Windblown (for females): Braid your hair with wire so it sticks out in one direction and glue the wire to a scarf. Wrap the scarf around your neck and extend it in the same direction as your hair. Poke the wire through the hem of a skirt and bend it in the same direction as the hair and scarf. For added affect, walk at an angle.
28. Work of Art: This couldn’t be easier: Hang a large picture frame around your neck. If you want to make it complicated, consider dressing up as a specific work of art, such as the Mona Lisa or a Van Gogh self-portrait.
31. Babysitter: Strap a baby doll to your rear end and sit on it. Sick, but easy.
35. Melted Snow Man: Douse yourself in water and carry a scarf, carrot and two sticks. Repeat soaking yourself throughout the night.
36. Hole-in-one: Golfers will love this easy costume. Just cut a large numeral 1 out of a piece of cardboard and cut a hole in the middle of the 1. Attach the cardboard to your chest and let them guess.
42. Blackmail: Wear all black and glue postage stamps to your chest.
Still looking? Check out Coupon Sherpa’s other 39 ideas.