I stopped by the 99 Cent Only Stores yesterday because their full-page Halloween ad caught my eye. Were the bargains as good as they looked in the paper?
Yes and no, but mostly yes. Here is what I saw:
- CANDY! Mostly non-brand name candy, but also plenty of premium treats, like Smarties, mini-Sugar Daddy’s, Tootsie Roll pops, Dots, mini-Butterfingers, mini-Baby Ruth’s, mini-100 Grand’s, mini-Junior Mints, Reese’s Pieces, and king size Hersey bars
- Halloween themed dishes, bowls, plates and trays for party food and snacks
- Paper plates, cups and plastic serving platters in orange and black
- Small decorations like tiny plastic pumpkins, curled ribbons, stickers, scarecrows and orange tissue paper
- Costume accessories like skull masks, bone gloves, and swords
- Costumes for small girls, including sparkly skirts and tops, pom poms, and purses
- Sparkly makeup and face paint
- Four types of witches hats
I’m currently on a Smartie sugar high, thanks to my lack of willpower. I also bought an 8-pack of mini-Butterfingers which I have not opened…yet. Find a 99 Cents Store near you. If you live outside CA, NV, AZ and TX you’re out of luck!
Disclosure: 99 Cents Only was a sponsor of the Frugal Fe$tival.