Hopefully by now you have all your holiday shopping done and you are in the wrapping stage. Perhaps you are using the wonderful ideas that BargainBabe.com writer Yazmin shared in her article about five creative ways to creatively wrap a gift. This brings us up to gift tags.
Gift tags range from a name scribbled on the wrapping to genuine works of art suitable for framing. Here are five ideas to make your tags special this holiday season:
- Cut up last year’s holiday cards into shapes. Punch a hole and add string or just tape to package. Make sure that the back side of the card is blank so that you can write the recipient’s name.
- Use a copy of a photo of yourself and the person receiving the gift as the tag. Cut it into a decorative shape and glue it onto a piece of index stock or colored piece of paper. You don’t even have to put names on this tag. It will be obvious.
- An incomplete deck of playing cards can be used as your tags. Decorate with glitter glue, stickers or gems. Use a fine point sharpie to write on these as most cards have a coating that make it hard to write on with regular pens.
- Download free gift tag art like these adorable ones from Orange You Lucky or these holiday label templates from World Label.
- If you are feeling really artsy, you might want to try creating vintage tags like the one in this video by Suzie Crafter.
I hope these tag ideas help you with your last minute gift wrapping. Do you have any tag ideas to share?