I LOVE holiday crafts! They are so sparkly and fun to make with kids of all ages.
Here is a list of 8 of my favorite holiday crafts.
- Soda bottle lanterns. Cut the top off a 2-liter soda bottle. Take off label. Decorate with tissue paper put on with watered down Elmer’s glue. Punch two holes on top and string wire or string for a handle. Put a battery operated tea light or glo-stick inside. This is more beautiful than you can image.
- Tongue depressor/Popsicle stick snowflakes. Buy the sticks from a Dollar Store or craft supply store. Paint them white. Let dry. Glue together in a star shape. Decorate. Can be used as a unique party invitation or decoration.
- Recycled wreaths. You can make a wreath out of just about anything from an old bicycle tire wrapped in garland and lights to red buttons glued onto a round piece of cardboard.
- Hang tags. Repurpose last year’s holiday cards into this year’s name tags for your presents. Just cut off the side with the message and put a hole into the picture side. Tape to present to use ribbon through a hole to hang.
- Heart house ornament. Another use for last year’s cards. Make a beautiful house shaped tree ornament. Clever idea.
- Victorian Christmas crackers. These aren’t the crackers that you eat. These are the crackers that make a popping noise with a toy inside. Make these delightful small gifts out of toilet paper rolls and tissue paper.
- Paper bag Santa. This is a super easy and cheap craft that kids love. Just takes a paper bag, crayons, scissors, glue and a cotton ball.
- Paper chains. Cut some red and green construction paper into strips and start connecting those circles. Kids love making paper chains and it is a cheap project. I found a nice paper cutter at a yard sale several years ago and I love it and use it all the time.
These craft ideas along with my earlier Frugal and homemade holiday gifts should keep you all busy making all sorts of holiday creations. Have I forgotten something that you love to make during the holidays?
This post is copyrighted by BargainBabe.com. Any other site posting this content is violating the DMCA.