UPDATE: I had no idea this contest would be so popular, with more than 300 comments so far! You still have time to enter as the contest goes through 11:59 p.m. on Monday, March 22, 2010.
PREVIOUSLY: I’ve partnered with GoBankingRates, which has banking rates for financial services, personal finance info and helpful tools, to give one lucky reader $500 worth of groceries. There are a number of ways to enter the contest. The more you do, the higher your chances are of winning.
- Comment on this post below for 1 entry.
- Sign up for the free GoBankingRates newsletter here for 2 entry points.
- Sign up for the BargainBabe.com newletter for 2 entry points.
- Retweet this message – “I want to win $500 of groceries! Follow @GoBankingRates & @BargainBabe & RT this msg if u do too! http://bit.ly/9F0Aw3.” All twitter accounts must have at least 10 followers to ensure that you are not creating accounts solely for the purpose of entering. This is worth 1 entry.
- Create a post on your own blog (if you have a blog) about how much this savings calculator can save you, whether or not you agree with the logic, and include what else you could be doing less of (or more of!) monthly to save even more. Comment on this post with the URL of your original blog post for 3 entry points. If you do this option you will not gain an additional entry for doing No. 1.
The contest begins at 12:01 a.m. PST Tuesday, March 16, 2010 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Monday, March 22, 2010. The winner will be emailed (or DM’d on Twitter) and announced here on Bargainbabe.com on Monday, March 29, 2010. Here are the official contest rules.
If you’re wondering how we’ll pick the winner with all these different ways of entering…After the contest ends, GoBankingRates will compile a spreadsheet with each commenter name, every email added during the contest dates, each Twitter post, and each original blog post about the savings calculator. Then weigh each for how many entries the various entry methods are worth. Then GoBankingRates will randomly choose a winner and email or dm them that they have won.
If you are already on my email list you will not get two points for joining again. However, there are plenty of other ways to increase your chances of winning!