Remember last week when I asked which $100 prize you wanted to win? Wellllllllll, I’m super excited to announce that instead I’m working with Sears and Kmart to offer a $500 back to school saving spree! Woot Woot! The winner will receive a $250 Sears gift card AND a $250 Kmart gift card, generously donated by the retailers!!!
How did we come up with $500? The National Retail Federation estimates the average family will spend $603 on back to school shopping. But shopping at Kmart and Sears saves you a bundle, so we’re confident you can get everything your kid needs for school for $500.
Here is what’s on the “must have” list for back to school shopping at Sears and Kmart.
- Sears – Some of the best clothing deals are on BONGO, American Star, and US Polo Assn. I saw stylish BONGO tops and graphic tees for $10-$18, American Star vests for $23 (vests are back in style), and polos for $15-$20.
- Kmart – The back to school 2011 gear at Kmart spans everything from school supplies, to backpacks, lunchboxes, gadgets, and dorm decor. I saw notebooks, pens, and binders – school supplies that I didn’t even know Kmart sold! Dozens of backpacks and totes are $10-$30, though most fall in the $13-$20 range. There was a wide selection of laptops, netbooks, tablets and desktops, plus memory sticks and ereaders. Dorm decor included the practical (sheets, bedding) to the personal (bean bags and lava lamps). Should your kid need paper plates, baggies, and plastic utensils, Kmart’s Smart Sense line has you covered. Is it me or has Kmart thought of everything?
To win, do two things:
- Join our BargainBabe.com email list (if you already receive a daily or weekly email from BargainBabe.com, just see the next bullet point)
- AND leave a comment with your strongest memory of school, whether it be the day you aced a test, overcame the school bully, or fell in love for the first time.
EXTRA ENTRIES (leave a comment for each extra entry so we can count you):
- Get an extra entry for tweeting: “I want to win a $500 back to school savings spree at @MySears and @KmartDealsnNews on the @bargainbabe blog http://bit.ly/qaNBor”
- Get an extra entry for an update on Facebook about the contest with this link: http://bit.ly/qaNBor
- Get an extra entry for following @Bargainbabe on Twitter
Comment, join our email list, tweet, and Facebook by Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2011 to be eligible to win!
This prize for this giveaway was donated by Kmart and Sears. I received no compensation to run this contest. Interested in sponsoring a giveaway? See my blog marketing page.