I’m having a hard time coming up with original Father’s Day gift ideas this year. I need your help! What are you giving your dad?
My frugal Father’s Day gift last year was fun. I spent the entire day with my dad and sister, but this year I’d like to do something for him. I know he’ll appreciate anything I do or give him, but I can’t seem to come up with something original.
- Clean his car — My dad likes his car to be clean so taking over cleaning duties would be helpful. My sister and I would of course do the washing, vacuuming, and polishing.
- Buy him shoes – Forget the tie. If your dad seldom wears a tie, there’s no point in wasting money. My dad could use a brand new pair of shoes. Many of his shoes are more than five years old because he’s extended their life by replacing the soles.
- Cook for him — Buy some groceries and make him his favorite meal. If the weather co-operated you can even grill outside.
- Buy him sports stuff – If you’re dad loves a particular sport, you could get him a new jersey. Make it extra special by getting him tickets. To cut costs, split the tab with siblings.
- Handmade greeting card – Ah yes, the old standby.
Whether you are giving or receiving a gift, what do you think would make a good gift?
This post is copyrighted by BargainBabe.com. Any other site posting this content is violating the DMCA.