I don’t know about you, but while I am waiting for Lasik surgery to cost less than a Fiat, I must continue to hunt for the best online deals for glasses frames. There are many sites out there now, claiming to offer the best selection at the best price, so we’ve narrowed down our favorites based on price, selection and convenience. You use your eyes every day, why not have glasses that not only make a statement on your face, but on your time and wallet, too?
Five of the best online deals for glasses frames:
- Coastal.com: I personally use this site for both my frames and contacts. They have excellent customer service and a wide variety from classic to downright funky, like my red horn-rimmed frames. You have a year to decide if you like the frames and if you don’t, they’ll take them back no questions asked. The even better part? As a first time customer, your first pair of glasses is FREE plus the cost of shipping – which usually is no more than $20. Use the code FIRSTPAIRFREE at checkout. I mean, who doesn’t love free glasses?
- Warby Parker: Warby Parker is a new type of site for where to get glasses. They sell their own brand of frames which, by engaging with customers directly, allows them to provide higher-quality, better-looking eyeglasses at a fraction of the price. You can get a basic pair of glasses, frames and lenses for under $100, and can try 5 pairs at home before purchasing. Their styles are “vintage-inspired with a contemporary twist” – which I love – and you can even buy a monocle. How cool is that? Warby Parker has a “buy a pair, give a pair” program similar to Toms shoes in that for every pair of glasses sold, a pair is distributed to someone in need. Do good by looking good – I can get in to that.
- Frames Direct: Advertised as the “world’s largest selection of premium eyewear”, Frames Direct is not short on choices for eyeglasses, with prices ranging from $30 to $1200. They offer free shipping on orders over $99, a “No Questions Asked” 30-Day Return/Exchange Policy and a price match guarantee.
- Eyeglasses.com: The cool feature about this website is the Virtual Try On. You upload a photo of your face and enter your pupillary distance (distance between the center of your pupils). Then you can virtually “Try On” frames that are automatically scaled to your head’s size, helping you find the perfect pair. You can order up to three frames and return them for a full refund within 30 days. Their selection is pretty extensive, too, making this site a fun one to browse.
- 39DollarGlasses.com: While you won’t find designer label frames here, you will find cheap glasses. And by that, I mean affordable. With the most expensive eyeglass frame topping out at $89, you can surely find a pair that fits your budget. They have a range of styles and materials, from Clark Kent replicas to studious tortoise shell designs. The site offers free return shipping with 10 days which is a small window, but for $39 frames, it’s hard to complain.
Not sure if buying glasses online is for you? Check out Bargain Babe’s article on buying glasses online v. at Costco.