The reason I love shopping at thrift stores is the truly amazing deals. I set my budget at $25 for a new-to-me pair of jeans (both my current pairs are one squat away from ripping in the crotch) and came away with eight items for $14.49. She shoots…she scores!
- Two baskets for holding fruit and potatoes/onions/yams – $1 each
- A wooden tray for holding garlic and onions – $3
- Two juice glasses – $1 each
- A brick red scarf with brown and creme accents – $1 (I’m still on the fence about this purchase because I can’t tell if it screams “retro” or “grandma”)
- A ring of four measuring spoons – $.49
- A pair of jeans that make my butt look bigger than it is (a plus in my book) – $6
The cool thing is that everything but the scarf was on my list of items to look out for until I found a good deal. I could have paid $10-$15 per basket at Pier 1 Imports or Ikea, $4 a glass at Crate & Barrel, and who knows how much for a new wooden carved tray. Earlier in the day I stopped in at a high-end thrift store and saw used jeans for as much as $70. Ridiculous!
Now to settle the scarf issue. A picture of it is above. Do you think it is retro or grandmotherly? How would you wear it?