I walked into Rite Aid Saturday armed with a $25 gift card (that I earned for transferring a prescription) and a determination to stretch my spending power. Working off my list, the weekly flyer, and coupon matches I found on Hip 2 Save, I paid $21.66 for eight items that retail for $42.70, including tax. That’s a 49% discount!
Here’s how I did it:
1. Made my list in order of priority: toe nail clippers, mascara, vitamins, freezer bags, cereal
2. Watched 10 minutes of Rite Aid videos ads to earn a $5 off $20 purchase coupon. Each video is 15-seconds to 1.5 minutes and you earn 1-2 points per video. You get the coupon when you accumulate 20 points.
3. Printed a $2 off coupon for Post cereals, which were buy one get one free. Each box was $4.99 but with the coupon and sale I paid $3 for two boxes!
4. Spotted a buy one get one free sale for Rite Aid vitamins and stocked up on Vitamin C, wiping $6.49 from my bill.
5. Bought one item off my list – a bag of Skittles – that was $.50 (orig. $.88). I’m saving them as a treat for my flight Thursday. They were certainly cheaper than airport candy prices!
6. Put freezer bags, mascara, clippers in my cart. Wished I had looked harder for coupons for freezer bags and mascara.
The last time I went on a coupon matching binge, I saved 60%. What is the latest super deal you got?