I got a big thrill yesterday – an invite to speak on Marketplace Money, the radio show aired on NPR across the country. After scrambling to find a landline (which have the best audio quality), I chatted with producer Stephen Hoffman about unusual ways to start 2011 on solid financial ground. The program airs this Saturday or Sunday, depending on where you live (Friday in Portland, OR). I’ve posted a few cities’ air times below or view your local air times.
Los Angeles – Sundays at 2 p.m. on KPCC-FM 89.3
San Diego – Saturdays at 3 p.m. on KPBS-FMHD1 89.5
San Francisco – Sundays at 9 p.m. and Mondays at 2 a.m. on KQED-FM 88.5
New York City – Saturdays at 6: a.m. on WNYC-AM 820
Chicago – Sundays at 2 p.m. on WBEZ-FMHD1 91.5
Atlanta – Sundays at 6 p.m. on WABE-FMHD1 90.1
Houston-Galveston – Saturdays at 12 noon on KUHF-FMHD2 88.7
Dallas – could not find local station?!
Washington D.C. – Saturdays at 6 a.m. on WAMU-FMHD3 88.5
Portland, OR – Fridays at 8 p.m. on KOPB-FMHD1 91.5
Providence-Warwick-Pawtucket – Saturdays at 1 p.m. on WRNI-AM 1290
If you’re new to BargainBabe.com via my interview on Marketplace Money on NPR, here’s a few things to get you started saving money on BargainBabe.com!
1. Freebies – You’ll find our ever popular daily curated list of the top freebies available here. We publish anywhere from 20-80 freebies six days a week. (Sundays we rest.) While other sites overload you with every deal out there, we comb through everything out there and publish only the best.
2. Coupons – On our coupons tab, you’ll find daily links to grocery coupons, drugstore coupons. This tab is also where we showcase hot deals on Amazon and our Getting Started guide to couponing, which is kind of a misnomer because we have essential coupon tips for intermediate and advanced couponers.
3. Grocery bill – Looking to lower your grocery bill? Check out our Food tab, which is also where we stash frugal recipes, restaurant deals, and organic food savings strategies.
4. Frugal living – We heart frugality! Coupons and freebies just scratch the surface here at BargainBabe.com, so make sure to check out the Living Frugally tab under Money for lively debates about whether relatives should provide free childcare, how much you should tip waitresses, and if shopping at Goodwill is okay even if you can afford The Gap.
5. Get in touch – We love love love to hear from you, so drop us a line on the Contact page. Share a money saving tip, reveal a spending secret (we’ll help!), or gloat about your latest score. We want to hear from you!