You probably don’t need me to tell you how to spend your holiday. But if you’re looking for something to do, I humbly present this list of frugal ideas for a fun, green, and happy holiday weekend.
What do you have planned?
- Hit the garage sale – Have fun digging through other people’s belongings and scoring deals. Or, gather around your junk and make some money. Here’s how to run a garage sale.
- Go thrifting – Forget the mall! It’ll be packed. Hit the thrift stores to hide from the sun and find bargains. Check out these tips to successful secondhand shopping.
- Do some gardening – I’m getting some weeding done bright and early. Then I’ll be getting ready for fall gardening. Let’s see… I want to plant swiss chard, kale, and spinach. What will you be growing in your garden this fall?
- Party on a budget – Forget spending a fortune on a get together. Invite friends over and ask them to pitch in. Bonfire at the beach anyone?
- Keep it clean – Tidy up your place. I know — not so fun, but necessary. Make sure to use homemade cleaners and elbow grease to get your home spankin’ clean.
- Organize your docs – Save yourself the headache, sit down and organize personal and financial docs. You’ll be super happy after it’s done.
- DIY home decor – Get inspiration from Bargain Babe and follow her footsteps to redecorate her living room on a budget. Check out her post on how she restored lamps.
- Learn something new – Don’t give your brain a rest this weekend. Learn how to can and preserve, or get a cooking lesson from a friends. These are things that will eventually save you money!
My goal this weekend is to enjoy my time off without blowing my budget! What’s your goal?
This post is copyrighted by BargainBabe.com. Other sites posting this content are violating the DMCA.