Valentine’s Day is about love and affection. It is not about diamonds, overpriced chocolates, or other expensive budget-busting gifts. At least it doesn’t have to be. We’ve already shown you how to create delicious and healthy Valentine’s treats and hand make Valentine’s Day goodies. Now we’ve put together seven creative, fun ways to show your affection for the one you love – or disdain for the holiday, as the case may be – without putting an unnecessary strain on your wallet.
7 unique Valentine’s Day gift ideas.
1. Handmade heart soap. You can find this homemade soap from eBay seller thunderbolt_hawk. This glycerin and baby buttermilk based soap have been scented with a fragrance oil called ‘love spell’ which is a “lavishly lush blend of orange, peach, cherry blossom and white jasmine.” Mmm…sounds yummy – without the calories! Opening bid $3.95. Buy it Now $5.95. $2.70 for Standard Shipping. Ships from New York. Delivery estimate will be given at checkout.
2. Hot Guys and Kittens book. What more could a girl want in life? Buy this for yourself, your girlfriends or your gay BFF. And again, yummy without the calories! From Amazon, $9.25 Hardcover, $3.82 Kindle. Free shipping on orders over $35.
3. Heart lights. Set the mood for a romantic evening at home with this string of cherry-red Valentine LED lights…or decorate to amuse the kids. From Amazon, $9.61. Free shipping on orders over $35.
4. Ultrasound keepsake necklace. For the mommy-to-be. So sweet, thoughtful and yes, romantic. A keepsake to treasure always. Each necklace comes in a small gift box with care tag, ready to give as a gift – or to keep for yourself. From Etsy seller NowThatsPersonal. Additional styles available including keychains. $18.95. Made to order. Ships from worldwide from California within 7 days of order. $3.50 shipping.
5. Couple’s t-shirts. How cute are these? These tees feature kawaii-cute images and sayings. His reads: She’s My Sugar. Hers reads: He’s My Spice. Marked down from $24.00 to $19.99 apiece from CafePress. Google for coupon codes! Shipping and handling are $7.49 for two shirts.
6. Hubby shirt. Let him know how you really feel with this clever t-shirt from Etsy seller ebollo. Many other funny sayings for both men and women. $12.95. Handmade item. Ships from Los Angeles within 2 business days. $4.99 shipping.
7. Barf shot glass necklace. Valentine’s Day making you sick? Hey, not everyone’s a fan. Share a drink with a friend and mock all those sickeningly sweet couples with this shot glass from CafePress. $14.50 plus $6.49 shipping. Google for coupon codes.