Mother’s Day is just around the corner. Do you know what you’re giving your mom, yet? Below I share frugal ways to celebrate Mother’s Day without breaking the bank.
1. Make a memory book – If you’re into scrapbooking, put a photo book together. This low cost gift will be filled with memories that mom will appreciate. If you’re not good with scissors and glue, you can also make one using your computer.
2. Go to free concerts or events – Several parks and museums in my area have free concerts around this time. Take the whole family to enjoy the music and each others company. You can also bring along food to have a picnic.
3. Give mom the day off – Don’t give mom any work to do on this day. It’s so cliche, but make her breakfast and help around the home. Do the dishes, take out the trash so she can relax.
4. Give her a call or drop by – She may just need your company to make her happy. Video-chatting will make you feel closer, if you don’t live with your mom. Plus, there’s so many ways to do it for free!
5. Forget the expensive flowers – Flowers are nice, but the prices will balloon around this time. Instead, head to a garden center make a succulent terrarium. These are so easy to take care of and inexpensive.
6. Make a donation – If your mom has a favorite charity, make a donation in her name or volunteer your time.
7. Bake something sweet – Check out my post about sweet treat recipes and get baking! Cookies and bars look especially nice in a tin box. It’s all about the presentation when it comes to food gifts.
8. Make new memories – Get your mom to do something she’s been wanting to try. Cooking class? Sure. Just head to a daily deal site to score a deal!
9. Pamper your mom – Treat your mom to a manicure and pedicure. You don’t have to head to the salon or spa. You can do this at home and you’ll have enough money left over to get her something else.
10. Magazine Subscription – A subscription to her favorite magazine will sure be appreciated. Just make sure to find out which one she likes.